Amy Winehouse was uber-talented. How many times have we lost someone so talented due to drugs and alcohol? After her tragic death in July there was considerable speculation regarding the cause of Amy's death.
But today it has been announced that the toxicology results have been returned to the Winehouse family by authorities and confirm that there were no illegal substances in Amy's system at the time of her death.
Drugs not Present?
This despite the fact that a well-known drug dealer claimed to have procured almost $2,000 worth of crystal meth and heroin for the singer the night before her death. Tony Azzopardi alleged he helped the late singer buy the Class A narcotics in the early hours of July 23rd - the same day she was found dead in her London home.
While drugs were not present – alcohol was!
The 56-year-old, who was introduced to the tragic star by her ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil, claimed he wanted her family to 'know the truth about what happened'.
At Amy's funeral shortly after her death her father Mitch Winehouse told mourners that his daughter had managed to kick her drink and drugs habits. Many find that hard to believe.
Her father claims she had been sober for three weeks, yet toxicology reports show alcohol was in her system.
It was also at Amy's funeral that Mitch Winehouse outlined that he would like to do something in the singer's name to help people who suffered with the same problems that Amy did.
This tragedy could have been avoided and it is sad we will not get any more beautiful music from this talented singer with an amazing voice. If celebrities were role models, hopefully Winehouse’s death will help people who have followed her example into drugs and alcohol seek help! Maybe from an online drug class?